This post was taken from the The Bridgeville Police Department's Facebook Page. Police Chief: Chad King
1. The First United Methodist Church located at 244 Station Street is available for those wishing to donate cleaning supplies, water, snack items, dog and cat food, & gift cards. In the event you need these items, that is where to go.
2. Holy Child Church located at 212 Station Street will be accepting furniture, washers and dryers in the gymnasium from 10Am-4PM all weekend long. They will also be collecting clothes in the Saint Vincent boxes located outside. THEY ALSO HAVE AN OVERNIGHT SHELTER AVAILABLE IN THE CLASSROOMS.
3. The Vineyard church located at 202 Liberty St. is available for those wishing to donate clothing items and food items. For those in need, that is where you go. They will be open for two donations today 3 PM to 5 PM and Saturday 9 AM to 4 PM.
4. The Bethany Presbyterian Church located at 740 Washington Ave. has a fully stocked food bank for those in need of food. They can distribute the food between Monday and Friday 9 AM until 3 PM. They also have manpower available to help clean up.
5. If you wish to make a monetary donation, that can be done at the Brentwood Savings Bank located at 3039 Washington Pike Bridgeville PA 15017. They are located next to Aldie‘s grocery store. Please make the check out to Bridgeville Borough.
6. Dumpsters will be emptied and re-delivered on a continual basis.
7. The Red Cross is out doing damage assessments they will be here all weekend long.
8. Once the Jersey barriers get delivered and put in place on Bower Hill Road, it will re-open. Hopefully sometime this weekend.
9. The phone lines and fax lines are still inoperable at the Borough building and Police Department.
10. Red Cross to Staff a Flood Relief Service Center In Bridgeville This Saturday. (Bridgeville, PA) – The American Red Cross will be opening a Flood Relief Service Center to assist people from Bridgeville, South Park, and Bethel Park who were impacted by the storm on Wednesday night at the First United Methodist Church (244 Station Street, Bridgeville) on Saturday, June 23, from 10:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. The Red Cross will be joined by representatives of the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR), who will be handing out Clean-Up Kits as needed.
People with storm-related damage can speak with Red Cross caseworkers who will provide assistance when possible and offer referrals to other agencies as needed.