Women’s Bible Study — All are welcome!
Thursdays at 7:00 p.m. • Weekly stand-alone study! • Contact Linda 281-684-9895
SESSION THREE Takeaways: Anna and Simon's Mother-in-Law - Surprised by God's Choice 1. God gives us each specific talents, opportunities & experiences then gives us the freedom to choose ways to serve Him by serving others. 2. Anna was the first woman to proclaim Christ publicly; Peter's mother-in-law was the first woman to be healed by Christ. 3. We serve not as a "have to", but as a "get to" for the good of others.
SESSION FOUR Takeaways: The Widow - Surprised by God's Compassion
1. Jesus saw the widow and had compassion on her. His bringing her son back to life foreshadows the ultimate act of compassion- Christ dying on the cross for our sins so that we may have eternal life with Him.
2. The widow did not ask for a miracle, but Christ brought her son back to life. God hears our prayers even when we do not pray them.
3. Death is the penalty for sin, and as such, is never a blessing.
SESSION FIVE Takeaways: The Sinful Woman - Surprised by God's Grace
1. God freely offers us forgiveness through His means of grace: the Gospel, Absolution, Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
2. As the sinful woman washed Jesus’ feet, she modeled sincere repentance, humility, servanthood and saving faith.
3. Forgiven by the grace and mercy of God, we can rejoice in, love, and serve the Lord; forgive others; tell the good news; and rest in Christ’s peace.